Today M told me that I hadn't posted to LJ since Christmas. "That can't be true," said I, "Can it?"
He assured me it was, unless I'd posted anything on a filter. So I looked this evening and he's right: I've posted nothing public since Christmas. In fact that only thing I've posted since then was a private New Year's post, counting my number of posts and comments for 2012. Which I never finished, so I never made it public.
How did it get to be March already?
Let me see if I can recap the past couple of months.
- On Dec 31, 2012, I turned in the final copy of my thesis.
- On Jan 5, I got myself a present: a new FitDesk to help me exercise more!
- Jan 6, M and I went cross-country skiing locally.
- Jan 12, M's birthday, we want out to dinner and M got a lovely chicken hat.
- Jan 14, I defended my Master's thesis and had it officially approved by the college. Woohoo!
- Oh yeah, the week before that I also started my final class of my Master's degree. I will finish that this sunday (2 days from now).
- On February 1st, 2013, I purchased Dream House. (M helped, of course, although according to the paperwork it's just mine.)
- Also on that day, my new car rolled over 9999 miles.
- I accidentally almost destroyed the kitchen by letting a pan of water boil dry, while working from home because I was afraid to drive in the snow.
- Feb 12, we celebrated our TWO YEAR wedding anniversary!
- To celebrate, I got bright red stripes put into my hair, and we had a MardiGras celebratory dinner, complete with cool masks.
- Feb 22, we rented a condo Up North with 4 other couples, and enjoyed hottubbing and skiing, friendship and good food.
- At the end of the month, we spent two weeks madly cleaning, packing, decluttering, and staging our house. We also sent our cats to Cat Camp, because...
- On March 1st, we put our house on the market. We are trying to sell this house before we move into Dream House (which won't be until April, unfortunately).
- I've also been working full-time of course during all that time, doing MathML and Accessibility, and presenting a keynote speech at our little in-office conference a couple of weeks ago.
- I also agreed to help with the Mobile PowerSearch project, which is really interesting but I can barely find 4 hours a week for it. At least the 4 hours I do spend on it are fun ones!
There. Is that all? I've felt busier than that. Of course, I glossed over about a hundred details in each of those bullets, details that I would have loved to write in proper posts... but I've been too gosh-darn busy.
So why do I have time to post right now? Because I'm procrastinating from doing my schoolwork, of course. I only have 2 days left in this class, but I don't feel like putting my nose to the grindstone and finishing things up.
Of course, "I don't feel like it" is not a good enough excuse. So I suppose I should go do it anyway.
Before I do that though, here are a couple of good "me and M" super-short stories:
As we were finishing up at the gym, M said, "Time for a shower, I'm sweaty and gross!"
I said, "Me too, but I'm not gross, I'm a flower like always."
He added, "And of course you don't sweat, you glisten."
"Exactly, I'm a glistening flower."
As we were packing up our house, I was upstairs and M was downstairs. I called down to him, "I have a question for you!"
"Sure," he called up, "Go ahead."
"It's more of a looking-at-things sort of question."
"Can it wait? I'm in the middle of this."
"Actually, never mind. It's just that I'm about to make an executive decision--"
"Coming!!" ...and he came sprinting up the stairs.