I popped two pills into my mouth. Then I maneuvered my straw and slid precisely one ice cube into my mouth. Then I paused. What was I supposed to do now? I couldn't chew the ice cube with the pills in my mouth: I'd probably crush the pills and they'd taste nasty. Was I supposed to let the ice melt, and then use it to swallow the pills? I didn't think there was even enough liquid in the ice cube to enable pill-swallowing. Clearly I hadn't thought this through.
The two pills and the ice cube all balanced on my tongue, my mouth discretely closed, I grabbed my cup and hurried to the water-cooler. My tongue was growing numb. I took a swallow of real water, and found another dilemma. I couldn't swallow the pills without swallowing the ice cube, but it was really too big...and too cold....but I had to do something. Bravely I tossed my head back and swallowed the water, pills, and ice. I could feel the cold ice cube forcing its way through my throat...then everything was successfully down the tube.
Problem over. I returned to my desk, feeling rather silly. (...so naturally I had to post it to the 'net....)