I had a good birthday yesterday. A billion thanks go out to LJ-land for all your comments and good-wishes. It made me happy all day, to periodically go back to my little poll and see new people filling it out, and read what you all had to say. You guys are the bestest.
I've been cleverly spreading out my birthday, to make it last as long as possible. I spent time with my family over the weekend. Yesterday my sister took me to lunch, then I went to Sangria with a few people (I wanted to keep it small, so I could actually hear and talk to everyone at the table). Tonight I'm planning on going dancing with some more of my friends! It should be a fun time.
Along with lots of lovely comments yesterday, I got a few nice e-cards and e-mails. My brother, sister, and mother each individually called sang "happy birthday" to me on my voice mail, which is a tradition in my family. I had two excellent meals, both of which included ginormously delicious deserts. (Let's not talk about what the scale told me this morning -- I'm still just enjoying my after-birthday glow!) C gave me some yellow flowers, a record (I am 33 (in base 10) after all), and a CD. A gave me a cute card. G loaned me a napkin, which will be used in a photograph soon. I wore my sexy boots. It was a good day. (I also got some presents before my birthday, from J, my parents, and D, because I am a lucky girl.)
Some interesting things I learned in my poll, at least from those who have filled it out so far:
- Precisely half of my friends are older than me, and half are younger. Talk about a balanced list!
- One friend claims he is the same age, but I think he lied...either that or he lied in his user profile.
- Only 2 of my friends have big ears.
- A whole lot of my friends have talking ceilings (excellent choice, incidentally!).
- The next-greatest number of my friends have annoying imaginary friends.
- I have the coolest most wonderful friends ever, who say some of the nicest things. Hugs all around!