It is in a roll with a strap around it. I guess this means I'm supposed to carry it somewhere? I'm not sure where I'd carry it. I do get cold easily: should I just carry it around with me, so I can toss it over my shoulders if I get chilly? I suppose I could leave it in my car, in case I need a spontaneous picnic, or get stuck somewhere cold. Hmm.
Anyway, from my experiences thus far, I'm working on developing myself some rules for working from home, to keep myself from degenerating completely into hermitness. There need to be more eventually, but this is a start.
- Get dressed every day, including clean underthings and shoes. Sweats/loungewear is okay, but not whatever I slept in.
- Eat three meals a day. (item to consider: what constitutes a meal?)
- Go outside every day. (item to consider: does standing on the porch count?)
- Given that I have to start at 8am now, try to avoid getting a snack at 5pm and continuing working, then wondering at 9pm if I should eat a real dinner or not - at least not regularly.
- Some form of exercise daily. (item to consider: walk around the block for breaks? we don't really take breaks)
Unrelatedly, just saving a quote that somebody else posted and I like:
"A ship is safe in a harbor. But a harbor is not what a ship is for." -- William Shedd