alpaca princess (renniekins) wrote,
alpaca princess

Weekend Summary

I had a really excellent weekend. Full of visits with friends, good weather, interesting walks, and relaxation. Even a few accomplishments!

Friday after work I headed over to M's, and then we went to his friends' house for dinner. They are a newly-moved-in-together couple, both really nice, and our friends R&S also came over. The food was good and the company great. We had some girl talk for awhile as well as couple talk, and then P, a physical trainer, brought out this cool "sling" she uses for workouts, and we played with it for awhile. It's good exercise, because I'm sore today!

Then M and I went to another friend of his's house for a music party. Apparently this guy periodically has people come over and play instruments, sing, and socialize. It was almost like karaoke, he had binders out with songs, only all the instruments and instrumentalists were real. I didn't quite get up enough couarage to try it out, but I might if I go back sometime. I met some cool people there.

Saturday morning was wonderfully lazy, filled with not doing much, until we finally got out to Ann Arbor and had some lunch. Then we strolled around A2 for awhile, looking in shops and enjoying the sunny weather. We were ostensibly looking for cool decorative items for M's house, although we were also just poking around in any shops that interested us.

Then we visited Sears and Lowes, and I bought a power tool -- greatly impressing my boyfriend, who only bought a cover for his grill. This week I will be using my new reciprocating saw to take down a "weed" tree or two that cropped up unnoticed and uninvited in strange places in my yard.

Then we headed back to his house, and there was napping. Then we picked up fixin's for White Russians, and headed to Smegs. After all the shopping and napping, we made it to smegs somewhat later than planned. The majority of the food had already been cooked and consumed -- there was lots of leftovers so we didn't go hungry, but there weren't a lot of people eating or cooking any longer.

No matter, the conversation part was good, and the food I had tasty. I also got outside and bounced on the trampoline, which was a lot of fun. M's comment was that he was amazed I didn't vomit, after eating some meatballs and half a scotch egg then leaping and flipping about. I hadn't really eaten that much though. After my gymnastics, after I cooled off for awhile, I went back inside and ate more.

After socializing at Smegs for a good long while, we packed up our alcohol and got into the car. We were debating, because we could have gone to Livonia to a party with people I don't know well but would like to know better, or we could go to Brighton and see R&S. We picked the second, because it was 10:30pm and Brighton was closer. We finished off the evening with some fun conversation there.

Sunday morning was slightly less lazy, although I still slept in. M made us a tasty breakfast, then we attended to our planned chore: I helped him hang his newly-ordered window blinds. We got those up without much trouble, and they looked awesome. Then we went back to A2, because M had decided to buy a really cool decorative metal sun-face-thing that we'd seen the day before, to hang over his mantle. It looks amazing there, especially with the new blinds, so it was an excellent choice.

Naturally while there we spent a good more time strolling about checking out shops, and we had some lunch. I found a nifty stone necklace, so we both got to take home pretty new things.

After a wee bit more relaxing, I dragged myself back home. I was supposed to run today, but I didn't feel up to it. Instead I pulled my bicycle off of its winter storage hook and took it out for a spin. It held up through the winter nicely. It was good to get out again, even if I didn't ride much. Then there was another nap, and that about sums up my weekend.

The only bummer is that my stupid dental issue is still bothering me. I spent the whole weekend eating soft foods, eating slowly, and taking lots of advil. When I mentioned the soft-food-thing to G at smegs, she asked me, "Oh, is this a pre-dentist pain or a post-dentist pain?" I told her it was an "I hope this goes away on its own so I don't need to visit the dentist pain".

However it hasn't gone away, it's still quite painful, and more parts of my mouth are swollen than were on friday. The pain is less localized and I have a more overall sense of unwellness. My personal PA looked over my swollen jaw for me and strongly recommended a monday dentist visit... So I guess it's off to the dentist for me tomorrow, even though I hate going to the dentist. I am a total baby when it comes to dentists -- but on the plus side this shouldn't involve any drilling or scraping. Hopefully all I need is a round of antibiotics. So it hopefully won't be all that bad, even though I know it will involve her poking in parts of my mouth that are already very painful. Bleh.

But that was the only downside to a delightful weekend, so I can't complain much. Work and scary dentist tomorrow, but a really good two and a half days leading up to it!
Tags: biking, dating, food, friends, mouth
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded