Log in

No account? Create an account
current entries friends' entries archives about me Previous Previous Next Next
Manic Energy - cellophane
the story of an invisible girl
Manic Energy
read 11 comments | talk to me!
woz From: woz Date: August 22nd, 2002 11:13 am (UTC) (Link)
You've lost me on one part there - whats a "spackle"?
renniekins From: renniekins Date: August 22nd, 2002 11:28 am (UTC) (Link)
Well, it's for repairing minor damage/holes in a wall. it comes in a little plastic tub, and it's soft like toothpaste or something. You take a putty knife (flexible flat knife) and put the stuff on the wall and in the hole, then scrape the excess off so it's flush with the wall. It hardens within a few minutes. If done right, when you paint over it the hole will be invisible. (A couple of mine dimpled in, and you can still kind of see where the holes were. I shoulda done two applications, but I was impatient.)
woz From: woz Date: August 22nd, 2002 11:52 am (UTC) (Link)
Ahhhh right - I thought as much!

I think we call it "Filler" or "Polyfiller"!

I'm not that much of a DIY man so I don't really know! hehe!
thenisaid From: thenisaid Date: August 22nd, 2002 02:29 pm (UTC) (Link)
...and then when the paint dries you put new holes in the wall and hang pictures in front of the old holes and then it doesn't matter so much that the spackle dimpled. Enjoy you beethroom!
read 11 comments | talk to me!